Thursday, July 9, 2015

TAKE A BITE: CILANTRO LIME QUINOA

I haven't done a recipe on the blog in a while - so I figured it was high time to post another...and a healthy one, at that! 
healthy vegetarian recipe: cilantro lime quinoa!
Most people like cilantro lime rice - so this is a version that's a little healthier. Quinoa is seriously a superfood, and while I looooove me some white rice, sometimes I try to health-it-up by replacing it with quinoa.
This recipe just takes 4 ingredients and about 15 minutes to make- and is great on its own- or in tacos or burritos
healthy vegetarian recipe: cilantro lime quinoa!

What it takes to make it happen:
-1 cup quinoa
- 2 teaspoons lime juice (or more if you really dig limes)
- Handful of cilantro, roughly chopped
- pinch of salt

How to make it happen:
Step 1: RINSE. YO. QUINOA. No but really. Rinse it well before you cook it.
Step 2: Cook your quinoa per directions on the package. (Typically 1 cup quinoa/2 cups water)
Step 3: Let cool slightly and stir in lime juice, cilantro, and a pinch of salt.
Step 4: Eat warm or cool- it's delicious both ways!
must make: cilantro lime quinoa!

 I made this and added it to a veggie burrito (with a ton of avocado) and it was SO good!
must make: cilantro lime quinoa!

Anyone else have a great quinoa recipe I should try?
If you're looking for more, try my:

xo, lp




**still can't get enough food recipes? go here!
** like instagram? me too! let's be friends here!



1 comment:

Each and every comment absolutely makes my day! Thanks for taking the time to share some love, stop by again soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...